Seams This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

And him
with that ball in his hands
tracing the worn stitches with his thumb

And her
with those ribbons up her calves
weaving back and forth around iridescent flesh

they saw it coming
saw the stitches pull
and the ribbons slip

And you
with the world at your feet
watching the midnight frost melt off the lawn

one day
it all burst at the seams

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Imagery is flawless here. I love how your imagery always matches your theme. It flow perfectly. It's also very visual. And simple. I think some people (myself included) try so hard to seem deep. But your simple imagery ends up becoming deep. And is just flawless. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. I'm sure you're used to it by now. 

Beef.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:59 pm :
Thank you again for your comments. I have to be honest, I really don't like this one. It feels very cookie-cutter, but if you enjoyed it then I guess it's worth leaving up.