Glass This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Glass is such a fragile thing
Capable of withstanding bullets
But –
Easily shattered by the smallest pin.
It is a window
Easily seen through.
On, the other hand
Stand too close –
And it will distort your view.
Warping what you see.

The enemies, dirt and grime,
Will forever
Find their way onto the pane
So forever we clean the grime
Making it once again clear and clean.

The glass cannot stay forever.
A single crack is made.
Desperate, we seal it
Trying to convince ourselves that it is whole -
again
Another jolt breaks it again.
This time
it spreads into, a beautiful web,
A maze of the deadliest kind.
Memorized –
Watching as it spreads, spreads, out, out,
Until that final blink,
We realize,
And breath,
that final breath.
it all –

Shatters.

LonerWolf said...
Simply beautiful. It's abstract in the most intriguing way, and oddly endearing. Great job!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28, 2013 at 5:59 am
This poem was wonderful. the flow was werid but that only made it more fun to read and i love how it went from the goods to glass to the bads and back and forth. amazing word choice so keep it up because this one was perfection on a page 5/5 stars

SentByWolvesOnHighThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you very much for your comments and encouragement Fallenoutofgrace.

IsabelJames said...
This is an amazing poem. The only thing I found a little diffucult was the way the words flowed. It may be that I am just to used to Iambic Potamiter (I know that is spelled wrong), thanks to my theater class. Other than that it was perfect to me.

IsabelJames, Yeah the structure is a little different. I prefer to write free verse though because it allows me to have a greater amount of freedom when I write poems.  Thank you for your comment!