The Storm

a thousand tiny dancers
pirouette down from a clouded stage
and deep in the wings,
the sun is waiting

mollybug13 said...
This is great. It is one of the best I have read. Its amazing how you can describe a storm with so few words. 5 stars. :)

Tabitha1233 said...
WOW! I love it!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I cannot believe I haven't read this before. I love LOVE LOVE the imagery here. I'm watching Cosmic Love while reading this. And OMG. IT GOES SO WELL WITH THIS. Especially when Florence is dancing in front of the mirror, and like a 10000 Florences are behind. And I love the non-capitalization. I envision 1000000000 ballet dancers. So beautiful. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Specturm also works with all the ballet dancers. 

ephemeral said...
May 27, 2013 at 2:17 am
It's funny how you chaacterized a storm in such a way that one wouldn' typicall describe it. Moreover, your focus on the sun and waiting for the end of the storm affects this piece's meaning which I personally like considering your approach to this. While short, it's simplisitc beauty is commendable, and being able to achieve greatness in so few lines is impressive. Why this works is due to your metaphor, and all the things that the mind can imagine and connect to and connotate w... (more »)

steffles said...
Wow...just wow. I don't even have words to describe it.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2013 at 6:29 am
Wow Liv! I love how you phrased this one,, It is truly beautiful when it comes to the word choice. And Oh my the first line: " A thousand tiny dancers" Nobody could have described raindrops so sweetly :)) And the last line had such a lasting impact...as if this poem is gonna be stuck in my head for long...I think i'll jot it down somewhere too so I can show it to other people. I loved it. 

Cutey-Beauty said...
Beautiful imagery-I immediatly thought of ballet or modern dance, idk why haha. The little ballerina droplets floating down to earth, with the sun right behind them. :) Amazing job! 

OldYoungOne said...
May 24, 2013 at 11:42 am
Enjpyed the fact that someone else likes the rain as I do. Love the comapsrison and the imagery. I can't necessarily knack that but I love it none the less

Court901 said...
Really nice imagry. It is really short though, maybe you could lengthen the poem and add some more descriptions? I enjoyed it though.