Little Sister This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When did she get so tall?

Her curls still red,
but ironed straight.
Straight as her confident shoulders.
They shift so slightly as she walks.
She walks with great big grown up steps.

Grown up steps?
Who taught this little girl
to walk so big?
Surely not me,
with my frightened trot
and loose puppy trips?
And her brother the same,
golden hair,
golden heart,
golden retriever gait.

She moves somewhere between adult and giraffe,
feet hungry for whatever
the future may bring,
that ambitious red head
reaching for the newest vision.

When did she get so tall?

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 6:44 am:
Emily! It's been long! How long? I don't remember, but what matters is that I'm back and the first article of yours that greets me is this amazing beautiful sweet thing I don't even have the sense to write something proper as it has made me so happy as I read it and I wanted to write something now and not after so hopefully this won't be confusing or ridiculous.  This poem absolutely deserves that red check! My favourite part was how you started and ended with the same... (more »)

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:22 pm :
You are so sweet! :D It's so nice to hear from you again! And don't worry, your response makes perfect sense! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it! I can't wait to read more of your writing :)

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19 at 11:21 am:
Oh my gosh Emily!!  You're so awesome, and an amazing writer!!  This is beautiful!!  One day you're going to be an unbelievably talented puplished writer, you're that good.  You're also the best sister ever :D 

May 19 at 8:51 pm :
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3