What the Future Brings

The future brings joy
The future brings peace
The future brings sadness
But soon will bring gladness
No matter how you look at it,
The future ahead is a journey thought about
Depends on what choices you make
You learn from your mistakes
Just pick yourself up if you fall
No matter how many times
Patches of darkness,
Can be overcome with a little sunshine
The future is in your own hands
Don’t let it go,
To be shattered into pieces
It deserves to be cherished
Like a porcelain doll
But it shouldn't be put up on a mantle forever
It needs to be looked at carefully
And the future will bring blessings

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:54 am
I like this positive poem! Normally I can't stand the cheesy idea of The Future is in Your Hands or Make the Best of Your Life, but you do an amazing job with the comparison to the porcelain doll. Great work! :D

Jeeves12345This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you, i try to do my best without sounding stupid as best as i can.

RoyalCorona said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:38 am
Wow! I had to add this to my favorites, I just read it four times, and I love the first four lines, they are so impacting and expressive! Great job, another jewel from you, keep it up!!

I don't know what else to say but thank you. I can't believe you had to read it 4 times! That's crazy! And I didn't think that by posting the stuff i do now, i wouldn't impact anyone or anything. But for you to say it's another jewel, it makes me want to cry so thank  you again!

Court901 said...
Wow! Great imagry and word choice. I really like this. 

Thank you.