Winter Loss

My mind is lost,
In these winter woods.
My hope is gone,
In these winter winds.
My love has faded,
In these winter months.
My spark has died,
In this winter.

BalladOfMonaLisa said...
This would have been repitive if you had not used a different aspect of nature to go along with winter each time... Overall, this is brilliant. I love how you managed to convey so much in just a few lines.... Sometimes the simple things in life are the best! Great job. (:

becca.37 said...
Simple yet well written. Not a very deep poem, but an excellent one nonetheless.

dragonsandthree replied...
Thank you!

RoyalCorona said...
May 29, 2013 at 9:43 am
Wow! That was so wonderful! I love this poem and the picture!! Great job, you seriously are a great poet!

dragonsandthree replied...
May 29, 2013 at 9:48 am
Thank you!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey Andy! You have always been a wonderful writer and a friend on Teenink and eventually I'd like to read and leave feedback on all of your work the way you do for me. With that being said I am starting my journey to read all of your work here. I really enjoyed reading this. I like the title a lot. It seems very sad, which leads me to my symbol search that I always do when reading poems, stories, anything. Winter is such a symbol in literature! Seasons in general are all different symbols th... (more »)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
with the symbolism*

dragonsandthree replied...
Thank you for the amazing comment, Lexus! You're a great friend  and an amazing writer on here too. And, if the seasons speak such volumes about story settings, like you said, I wonder what it says about me that winter is my favorite season...

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 22, 2013 at 11:11 am
Beautiful!!!!  I love it soo much. Your a really talented writer! I love that it is soo simple yet so vivid. Great job. Keep rockin

dragonsandthree replied...
Thank you!

Chichot123 said...
May 20, 2013 at 10:31 am
WOW, this is simply amazing. I love it! It's beautiful! I wouldn't change anything about it :D. You are a veryyyy talented writer!!!

dragonsandthree replied...
Thank you a lot!!!