Vengeful Monster

There’s a vengeful monster inside of me
It cries to be set free
I tell it no
But it finds a way to breach its cage
I patch every hole
I patch up those friendships
But that monster still gets out
It knows my weaknesses
It knows my strengths
And uses them against me
I have no way to control it
I need support to remain calm
Otherwise that monster, would destroy everyone I know
That monster is inside everyone
But mine wants to play
Someone please help me cope
I don’t know what to do
But keep it bottled up inside
Even though it wants to kill me
I truly know how to find peace,
By reading a book, or by dancing and singing
Either way, that vengeful monster
Will always be a part of me

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4 at 10:36 am:
Wow! This is great and I love your description "I had to speak my mind,". I love it because of how honest it is, there isn't a bunch of flowery words to hide the message, especially not in the poem! Good job, keep writing stuff like this!

Jeeves12345This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:50 pm :
I am no girly girl i can tell you that much. and i personally dont mind that fact of people trying to be kind and all, but if you make it sound to corny or cheesy or whatever, its not going to come off well. Especially if its VERY flowery. If thats what you meant. No offense to ANYONE out there!

Court901This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 3:09 pm:
I like this poem. I like the type that are more like ponderings, or thoughts laid down.  Mine are more stories in poem format and I want to write more like you do. I'm using you as inspiration.

May 28 at 10:31 pm :
I thank you for using me as an inspiration! Tell me, do you only do poems or do you also do stories? I am planning on soon maybe putting one of my stories on here. Still thinking about it, but if you would like, I shall put one on here to really get some feedback. Stories are more my thing; not so much poetry.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 6:34 pm:
Huh....I know and relate to what you're talking about here. I admit I can be spiteful sometimes....not really proud to say that. Revenge can become a monster in you, if you let it control you. Very thought-provoking. I like that you caprtured a more vulnerable side of you. It is very raw and open. Which I think appeals to many readers. Don't quit,  Jeeves12345

today at 8:47 pm :
Thanks. Very slowly I am trying to help others to see that its ok to express yourself in good ways. And that by doing so, people can be reassured with hope.