Ticking Time This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I’ve watched
My mother’s hands grow
Visibly thin,
Peered at the world
Which repeats its sins.

Listened to
The birds that sing,
Tried to soar
With shattered wings.

Attended to
The swaying trees,
Perceived the murmurs
Of the breeze.

Lived and watched
Those who died,
Cast the tears
That wouldn’t hide.

Things have changed
Yet here I stand,
My palm extends
For lonely hands.

Things have changed,
But not I;
Things have changed
Through wicked time.

411Ellie_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:59 pm:
This poem is beautiful in its poignancy. The first stanza drew me in, and I was enthralled throughout. Stunning work! You are extremely talented!

411Ellie_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:00 pm :
Congrats on the Editors' Choice award, btw :-)

AlyciaL.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1 at 7:33 pm:
The last stanza left me with chills! Beautifully written and the rhymes were amazing. Great job!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The rhythm and rhyme add a musical quality to these heart-felt lyrics. I love the ending. Time isn't pure or innocent. Or kind for that matter. It's "wicked". 

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey Hanban! Great job! I thought this was really good! And sad. But that seemed like the desired effect, so good work! ;)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:48 pm :
Thank you so much :)

bree_bree said...
Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:10 pm:
Ithink that the last stanza is my favorite "through wicked time" i love that its just verry imaginative and i cant always find things like that in comon poetry. your amazing keep it up :)

Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm :
Thank you soooooooo much

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm:
This is an amazing poem. Editor's choice well deserved! :D

HazelGrace said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 4:52 pm:
Oh, this is haunting. Creepy in a really beautiful way. I love  the sue of rythm and ryhme!

BlackbeltJamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 4:12 pm:
This is a very emotive and powerful piece; it is unique with each section having its own specific imagery which works very well. The concepts and theme also comes across perfectly, giving it that personal touch as well as opening up the reader to many questions about themselves and how they see their time and how it has changed. Very good, keep it up :)

Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm :
Wow thank you soon much!!!

KkatKreationzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17, 2013 at 7:13 pm:
You are amazing! Awe inspiring!  It awesome.  

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 14, 2013 at 9:24 pm:
sweet short but poerful and amazing! way to go you deserved this hannah soooo much

May 14, 2013 at 10:16 pm :
Thank u sooooooo much!!!! :P

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:52 pm:
Your last stanza is my favorite. This is beautifully written.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm:
THIS IS AMAZING AND CONGRATS ON THE EDITORS CHOICE!!!! Sorry, kinda excited for you. Wow, this is amazing. You had me at the title (not to mention the obvious red check beside it).  I loved the first words, but the second stanza is perfect, really. Absolutly wonderful, you have obvious talent my friend. This was really well done, from the rhyming to the show not tell action, you had me captivated the whole time! Really amazing job. Couldn't be better. Freaking Perfect!!! Okay, ;) Also, ... (more »)

May 13, 2013 at 6:15 pm :
OMG thanks soo much for your feedback! You dont know how much it means to me ;) and I'll definitely check out ur work. Have a great day! :P

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:41 pm :
No problem! Like i said before this is really one of my favorites :) it's amazing! Also that was fun earlier; the feedback for feedback thing on chat :) see ya round Hannah :)