Heads or Tails?

A secret life
We’ll never know
She tries to hide,
But can’t control
Two sides
Of one tossed coin.
Her separate lives
Cannot rejoin.
Which is truth?
Which is lie?

It is I
Who must decide.

OldYoungOne said...
This seems like a teaser to me. The shortness does interest me at the same time I wish there was more to it. Nice concept though I applaud it very much.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you. Yes, it was created only to let the reader in for a glimpse of a secret life, a double coin. Im glad you liked it :)

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good job, Hanban! I never would've thought of using a coin to describe a double life! Truthfully, when I looked at the last line, I wondered if you were talking about a character in one of your books! XD But anyway, I thought this was very good, and well written! Keep it up, Hanban!

Thank you so much for commenting on all of my works!!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing i love the simplicaity of it all and the two sides of a coin was a brilliant idea

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 10:59 am
It is wondeerfull! I liked the dramatic shortness of the lines, the way it forces you to read what would otherise sound so simple is an astonishing effect. I always liked the theme of double lives, of a night and day sort of thing. There is a suspenceful feel to it, as if one of her lives was not the most reputable I couldnt quite guess who the speaker was, though. Who decides? Or was the speaker merely describing themself as another person...? You have me curious :)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 13, 2013 at 11:01 am
O.O OR!!!! was the speaker a coin...?!?!? Was the coin spwaking of human indcisiveness? Oh gosh, would that be awesome!

Haha, thank u soooo much for your wonderful feedback! And well, I was originally writing about someone in my life who I noticed has two different sides of perrsonality and who I dont really know much about. The ending, "It is I who must decide" was put there because I know I'll never know the true nature of this person, and its up to me to take it upon myself to figure it out, even though fear bites into me whenever I think of the concept. So, I hope I clarified :) I tried my best ... (more »)

May 14, 2013 at 10:28 am
Hmmm... not as cool. Still pretty neat, though.

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You potrayed your concept beautifully, nice work.

Thank u, glad u enjoyed it :P