You're Still a Good Person

This window
is only so
grimy
that as long as you
don't remind yourself there's a window in front of you,
you'd think you could
reach out and
touch the
flowers on the roadside.

EmmettHerculeLaFave said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:19 am
Lira! I keep coming back to this and I really want to use it in the beginning of the book I'm working on; of course you would be credited. Is that okay?

HazelGrace said...
This is fascinatingly simple. I love it! The metaphor is extremely effective without being pretentious. Personally, I am a lover of pretentious metaphors so It makes me jealous to see someone doing it so effectively!! Great job. Wonderful work.

EmmettHerculeLaFave said...
May 29, 2013 at 1:39 am
This should definitely be in the magazine.

EmmettHerculeLaFave said...
May 29, 2013 at 1:29 am
This was honestly soo beautiful! My absolute favorite. I'm sharing it on FaceBook and quoting it from you =)

Padoodallee said...
This is beautiful and yet it humbles anyone who reads it. Yeah, we trick ourselves into thinking we're great when there's so many problems. You did a wonderful job of describing that in a much deeper way with simpler words. Great job!

BrittyBrit said...
May 27, 2013 at 3:21 am
very short but got the point across, loved it :)

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, impressed at how close the picture was to the story! i always have trouble finding the right one.... excellent job though!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So beautiful, lira! Wow. It's short but powerful, definitely a fav!