Reality

The world is not a pencil sketch
And I am not its artist
Reality is not a stage
And I am not its actress
There are no hands to pass it down
Nor paper to preserve it
I live in tales of fantasy
With no desire to befriend it
Reality is not a waltz
And I am not its dancer
The world is just a cheesy poem
And I am just its writer

holly1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was really good. I liked how you described the world and the whole thing flowed really well. I also like how short and simple it is but how it captures the readers attention. Great job! :)

LoonyLoopyLupin said...
This makes me smile, because I get it. You captured cyncism and a touch of indifference so well. I, too, prefer fantasy worlds, and you worded a feeling I thought was ineffable. Very nice job.

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm :
Thank you so much! Fantasy is my life. :)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm:
I like this.  I really like how you compaired the world to a poem and your its writer. I think that was my favorite part. I also like the simplicity of it and how short it is. Very nice :)