Reality | Teen Ink

Reality

By Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah
Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad idea."
--Douglas Adams

The world is not a pencil sketch
And I am not its artist
Reality is not a stage
And I am not its actress
There are no hands to pass it down
Nor paper to preserve it
I live in tales of fantasy
With no desire to befriend it
Reality is not a waltz
And I am not its dancer
The world is just a cheesy poem
And I am just its writer

This is my cynical perspective of reality and the fact that I prefer to live in fantasy worlds.

holly1999 GOLD said...
on Oct. 12 2013 at 6:15 pm
holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other

'There was no need to clarify my finger snap, the implication was clear in the snap itself' - Magnus Bane

This was really good. I liked how you described the world and the whole thing flowed really well. I also like how short and simple it is but how it captures the readers attention. Great job! :)

on Aug. 3 2013 at 10:06 pm

--Douglas Adams

Thank you so much! Fantasy is my life. :)

on Aug. 3 2013 at 2:43 pm
LoonyLoopyLupin GOLD, Raynham, Massachusetts

"I am proud of who I am. I believe in what I do." -Pavel Chekov (Star Trek The Original Series, episode: "The Way To Eden")

This makes me smile, because I get it. You captured cyncism and a touch of indifference so well. I, too, prefer fantasy worlds, and you worded a feeling I thought was ineffable. Very nice job.

on May. 18 2013 at 10:57 pm
GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

I like this.  I really like how you compaired the world to a poem and your its writer. I think that was my favorite part. I also like the simplicity of it and how short it is. Very nice :)