My Graduation Dream

Graduation lingers above my head
I am climbing a ladder, desperate to reach it
The journey is a long one
Twelve years to be exact
I’m in the final stages

Graduation flies around like an eagle
I cannot catch it
For it is up high, and I am down low
I find a long net
I nearly catch it

Graduation is even in my dreams
Running after it
It is an endless chase

Graduation is like an oven
I must bake for two more years
Before I can come out and be shared with the world
But I have two more years
Then I can reach my graduation dream

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4 at 10:30 am:
Great poem!! It is extremely relatable and it has nice visual aspects to it with all the metaphors and similes! Great job!

Jeeves12345This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:58 pm :
Thank you.

Court901This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 3:09 pm:
Good metaphors and similes. I can relate to this as well and I can't think of a better description than the one you have written.

today at 8:59 pm :
Thank you very much.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 6:29 pm:
I love this one. I so relate with this poem right now. Especially with graduation just around the corner. Quite overwhelming lemme tell you. But just gotta take one day atta time. Anywho, the metaphors are very clever and original. Especially the cake one. Graduating is like baking a cake. It take seemingly forever to get there. And when you're there, you're wither happy with your results and not at all. That's life. 

today at 9:00 pm :
It's true and i couldn't agree more. Thank you.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 6:08 pm:
Hey there! I really like the title, I feel the same way. I think the metaphors in here are great! I loved the way you described climbing a ladder to try and reach the point of graduating. That was pretty smart. I like the first line in the second stanza, bald eagles are good symbols to use in writing, they stand for many different things. And while I don't know about other writers, I love symbolic things in writing, I love to find them and figure them out. I like the line, 'endless chase... (more »)

today at 9:01 pm :
Thank you so much.