Burnt Anger

i think she thinks we are still friends

But i can feel the hate oozing like vanilla ice cream, dripping from her parted lips

i can see right through her,
as one sees through a clear plastic tupperware

She is all tucked up and placed in a cold, rigid fridge.

Her thoughts leftovers of mine.

Always hungry for a new scene,
but still scarfs down goodies from the old ones.

She chokes inwardly on the bile in her throat.

Bile that rises like bread, in an oven of anger, every time her eyes meet mine

All her secrets packaged and on a truck to nowhere

All her hopes saran wrapped and sugar coated

so tight

that not even a butchers knife can penetrate them

She is a wall of unbreakable ice
that no matter how hot i turn up the flame

she never melts.

SincerelyManon said...
Wow. This poem just blows my mind. It's so relatable and easy to read. It flows with an edge and I absolutely love it!

hewsonjew said...
Good Job! I like the symbolism here. But, I think you need to emphasize more on the similarities between ice cream and your anger. Other than that, great piece!

Metal4Life said...
Wow! Wonderful imagery! Great flow! Just wow, amazing job! I can defiantly relate to this poem...

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. Rocking the imagery here! I can almost feel the searing anger here. Beautifully written!

Sam_Dawn_Richi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice! great similies.  Turned out very well. :)

Dancer26 said...
May 3, 2013 at 8:34 am
Wow, amazing similies. I loved how you wrote this and the title could not have been any better. I will be checking out your work more often. I hope you can do the same for me. All in all outstanding write!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Liv, you are not tricking me! You say you don't like to cook, but I see all these kitchen utensil refrences. By the way, Taco Bell is waiting for you... the best part is... you don't have to cook! But, seriously, I liked the title. It really ties in with your concept in this poem. Your similies and metaphors are spectacular! I love those, I always pick through them until they can't be picked anymore and I just love those things.. writing them is even better. I am such an English nerd... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Lots of good similes. I could feel the hate oozing throughout the poem. I will say that vanilla ice cream is nice; I don't know if I could give the connotation that it is mean. I dunno that's just me... But I do like it. It's very relatable. I bet we've all had that friend...No frenemy. That's the right word. We're friends one day; the next, we're enemies. Our Facebook status would say: "It's complicated." Great poem. And the end is sad. Chilling but sad... (more »)

dragonsandthree replied...
I think that vanilla ice cream was loved because it's good while cold, but nasty when hot, sort of like a friendship that wanes. Great poem!