Player

Speechless.

You would always leave me speechless.

I would walk away from seeing you with giddiness and excitement for what the future held for us.

Together we could have conquered the world.

I can’t express how in words how much I miss the two of us. Late-night texting, never running out of things to talk about, our secrets, our inside jokes-

When I met you I felt free. Like I could do anything. You gave me security with adventure. But most importantly,

You made me feel special. By choosing me, the debate geek when you were like royalty at our school. You could have had anyone.

I was so naïve. It took me months to realize what was happening.

You pushed me off a cliff. The further I fell, the higher the cliff grew until you controlled every single piece of

Me. You changed me into someone disgusting, someone I never wish I knew, someone I never wanted to become.

But no matter how much I was hurting, I kept my mouth shut.

Because I needed someone.

One day, I couldn’t take it anymore and I said something. Just like that, you ditched me.

And now here you are, weeks later, asking for forgiveness.

I guess you couldn’t find anyone else.

Right now, I’m all alone. I’ve gone back to the nerd studying in the library. In fact it’s been weeks since I’ve had a real conversation about something real with someone that isn’t my dog.

I’ve never seen you look so in need when you asked, “Take me back?”

I didn’t have to think for a second. “No.”

You turned you’re back and walked away. We haven’t spoken since.

My best friend.

Gone.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:34 pm:
Great poem, I read it twice. Now, I didn't have this exact thing happen to me, but I was left by my best friend for some girl who was bullying me at the time, and I know what it was the most heartbreaking experience. In all honesty, I don't trust my friends that much now because of that. I think that Yu captured the emotions in here really well, and I could feel your pain and anguish towards this person. Great job! While we are on the topic of friend troubles, would you mind reading my poems: 'I... (more »)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:01 am:
Hey there! I know exactly how you feel, when I found out I was going to be moving I talked to 'him' and though things were supposed to be okay, I knew that things wouldn't. And they didn't. So, I moved and things turned into disaster. I found out many rumors were true after I moved and it was all a big mess. I hope you find someone better who truly appreciates you. Anyways, you did a great job on this. The emotion was REAL and the reader truly felt it. The reader was able to rela... (more »)

IsabelJamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:38 pm:
I know how you feel. I had something similair happen to me a few years ago and I still haven't fully recovered from it. But it does get easier.  It had that emotion that causes those memories to stir in almost anybody who is human. I loved it and hope I can read more from you soon.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 3:28 pm:
What a jerk. Sorry about him. Emotional and relatable poem. I feel for you and hope you find someone better. 

PhoebeBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:09 pm:
Aaaww. I really love this poem- I think it's really sweet. It touches on this super important theme of staying true to onself, which I believe is only becoming more and more valuable as time goes on. I don't know whether you actually are the booky at your school or whether you're the royalty of your popularity heirarchy, but as a somewhat nerdy student myself- I can definitely relate to your poem. I feel like it's very important to stay true to yourself and to never let other peo... (more »)

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 10:19 am:
Nice! A great poem that rings true with emotion and it has a sort of rhythm to it so I could imagine someone actually saying this out loud to someone. I would love a sequel to this, maybe more insight into the character's lives. Maybe, from the best friend's point of view?

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:33 am:
Very good. Liked how you gave random details here and there, especially mentionin gthe dog.

NewYorkLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30 at 11:53 am:
Thanks so much :) I totally agree with your advice---I'll definitley work on painting the picture more literally!

wordnerd54This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 29 at 9:21 pm:
Great job! This poem is so easily relatable... I think everyone has been there. My suggestion to kind of "take it to the next level" would be to construct more images in it.  Try describing things less literally, in more unique ways, to try to keep the reader interested (not that I wasn't interested at all - just trying to help you make it even better!) Overall, though, you did a great job - I could just feel his pleading when he asked "take me back?" and I'm gla... (more »)

Apr. 28 at 2:07 pm:
It says VIP now :)

Christian24 said...
Apr. 26 at 10:49 pm:
This is completely relatable!! I had the same situation with my ex-girlfriend. I love this poem, keep writing stuff like this :)

NewYorkLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27 at 11:40 am :
Thanks so much!! And I TOTALLY will :)

drumsrawesome said...
Apr. 26 at 7:58 pm:
Heart-breaking. Wrenching. But yet so true and so common. Well-articulated!

Apr. 27 at 11:40 am :
Thanks:) I'm glad I made you feel something! 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 26 at 4:53 pm:
Somewhat...a friend who became more than a friend and now is a stranger.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26 at 4:55 pm :
@newyorklove btw

Apr. 27 at 11:41 am :
Awwww...I'm sorry:(

Apr. 27 at 8:34 pm :
Thanks...its just blahh. I really liked your poem, though, so keep it up

Apr. 25 at 8:33 pm:
I relate so much that it's almost not funny. I love this poem

Apr. 25 at 8:44 pm :
Thanks so much!!! Did you have a really good friend like that too?