Blink Twice if you can see me | Teen Ink

Blink Twice if you can see me

April 18, 2013
By mjune BRONZE, Midland Park, New Jersey
mjune BRONZE, Midland Park, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Brown, blue, hazel, and green, all of their colors differ from me.


The color of grass-sprinkled with dew. The emerald bay-never blue. The Christmas tree before the lights. My plant’s leaves before the water did not suffice. My eyes are green.

Greener then the sun but not of the grass. Greener then the sea but you cannot seem to look past.

A gold tint, much like a sunrise. Eyes glistening with wonderment, yet shy. As gold as the city’s streets, but not of the egg. As gold as my ring, but more golden then nutmeg.


My sister’s eyes are brown. The color of mud or beef in the stew. The color of the thing that is in the “loo.” The dogs shiny coat that sways in the breeze. You never see this color when you sneeze.

Browner then my brother’s that are the color of a gingerbread man. His eyes resemble Snooki’s tan. Lighter then a brownie, lighter then my sister’s. Lighter then my father’s, whom you may call mister.

My mother’s eyes are much like mine; green as emerald and always shine. The color of grass-sprinkled with dew. Her eyes look nothing like the beef in the stew. The Christmas tree before the lights. Yes, even my plant’s leaves before the water did not suffice.

Greener then the sun but not of the grass. Greener then the sea but you cannot look past. However-

Her eyes are not the sunrise nor the golden streets. They are neither the streets, nor the ring. Mine are the streets and the ring that are always glistening.


Brown, blue, hazel, and green, all of their colors differ from me.