She is Beautiful

She is beautiful
I hate the way people look at her
as If all that matters is that she is not
model thin
why cant people see
her beautiful almond blue eyes
or the freckles that dance around her nose
and her wavy brown hair
with flecks of the sun
why cant people look past her figure
and she the beautiful girl that I do
I only hope
that she sees it too

LoveBeingMe said...
May 4, 2013 at 7:04 pm:
Love it, you like described my bff

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm:
Jess, this is beautiful. Not to be cheesy. It really is. The message and the emotion you incoporate. A sort of sadness for the blindness society has for physical beauty. Did you mean see rather than "she" in the fourth to last line? Wasn't really sure. Otherwise, this is an excellent poem. 

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm:
wo, very nice! way better than any of my poetry, very nice!

TheMagicCookieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3, 2013 at 4:14 pm:
That is wonderful!!!!!! I love it!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there, Jess! I love the title, how sweet. I love this, the simplicity is very nice. The concept is something very controversial and I love how you made something so serious, so nice. You say you wish you were able to rhyme because it makes a poem even more special.. I see that you made this poem special! Seriously, when someone can write a lovely poem without rhyming there is so much talent there. I wish I could write poems well without rhyming all the time. You did a great job. The meaning ... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it Jess, soooo pretty, for some reason, I thought about coco. I don't know, but for some reason I feel as though people only like her for her beauty. I mean I don't know her very wellbut whatever

TheDarkSideOfMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:04 am:
i luv this one its one  of the best...

KJ-loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 am:
Very nice... might need a little work though...