The Ghost of that Little Girl

Looking back on my childhood
Reminiscing in the depths of my memories,
An epiphany illuminates my mind.
It is almost over.

I've morphed into an unfamiliar person,
The ghost of that little girl
And the unknown overtakes my thoughts
of who she will become.

The terror that is mine reveals
what I'd rather not discover,
but time is invincible
and the future inevitable.

Elisa99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:05 pm:
Beautiful poem! Funny thing, I just used that pic for a new poem that is pending now. =P Great job again!!! 

PadoodalleeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 10:41 pm:
You have a great vocabulary and express your abstract idea very clearly. Losing our childhood into the unknown is scary and I think you portrayed that very well by symbolizing the future as "the ghost of that little girl." I'm not sure if the breaks in the stanzas were very necessary, but I think that depends on the reader. You did a fantastic job! If you have time, I'd love to hear some critique (or approval =p) on my work... Thanks for sharing your work!

LegendInTheMakingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 9:40 pm:
It totally relates to any kid's life, especially teenagers! We are looked at too old to do somethings but too young to do others... Sometimes i know i want to go back to when the only issue in life was to decide what crayon i wanted to use next! Childhood had really escaped us and i think you have encompassed that PERFECTLY! its a great poem! And if you don't mind, please check out some of my work and let me know what you think! Thanks so much! :)

LexiDawnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22 at 9:52 pm :
Thanks for reading it and giving feedback. I appreciate it!(: I'll go read some of you work now.

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 8:40 pm:
I love how this talks about the present past and future :)

. said...
Apr. 22 at 1:02 pm:
wow...thats really good(:

OsesieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 12:19 pm:
LexiDawn Nice One. Love it and I totally relate.

Apr. 22 at 6:06 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

KassandraMichelle263451This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 11:31 am:
Well done I know the feeling

OsesieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22 at 11:52 am :
Totally Relate KassandraMichelle2634

KassandraMichelle263451This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 8:03 am :
I know right. :)