My Roots Were Shaken This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Rotten weeds,” you say
and carelessly too, your
flippant attitude burning
just as much as the arsonous
words that left your mouth

the dandelions heard your two
word speech and I saw them
wilt a little for it

I wanted to tell them that
we can't all be daffodils,
but by that point your monstrous
feet had already done their damage
all that remained was a crippled stem and crushed petals
what a shame, for that
was all the beauty they
had to offer you

I knelt down to gently explain
that you got hurt
in the most important spot –
and that sometimes hearts
will bend and warp like
melting glass

Years later I told those rotten
weeds that they were sunbursts
in a green sky and they stood
breathtakingly proud for me
they understood my words just
as well as they understood yours.

readerwriterpoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 3:25 pm:
This is absolutely beautiful... wow.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1 at 3:17 pm:
This  is great. Great work! Wow I love the images and the words you chose.

SkysetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 1 at 8:41 pm :
Thank you very much!

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 2 at 6:24 pm :
you're welcome! :) Im happy you got published. Congrats :)

TheMoonStillFollowsMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1 at 3:53 pm:
You are amazing. 'Nough said.

Feb. 2 at 2:57 pm :
Thank you! I appreciate it!  

BrandalynBoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Seriously my favorite poem I have read on her. Great work, I absolutley love it!

Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:26 pm :
Thank you so much!