Turn Up The Music Loud | Teen Ink

Turn Up The Music Loud

April 13, 2013
By PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana
PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me." ~"New Moon" Stephenie Meyer


Stop! Stop the noise! I can't stand to be yelled at again.
I'm done being hurt and torn down, I'm done caring.
I want to escape, to be far away, to never see that fate again.
Where's the love? What happened to happiness?
I'm done caring, I want to escape. Turn up the music loud, I want to day dream.
I want to picture the things I want. I wish to have peace and love again. Why does it leave? Why can't I keep it?
It's hurts to care, so I quit. My scars are everywhere, I must hide them. No one can see the pain I'm in. I refuse to hurt like I've been.
I'm far away, nowhere to be found. I won't be that person again, I won't let the scars remind me. I'm starting over, no more pain.
I'm new, I'm done being me. I am now just a memory. I won't go back, I won't be missed. I don't mind, I'm done caring.
I'm gone. No more worries. No problems, but why can I still hear the yelling? Why aren't I happy?
I still hurt. Why won't the pain stop? It's not gone so I turn up the music louder.
With my head in my hands and the tears falling, I pray to God to escape.
The music is loud. I picture myself playing it.
My fingers flying fast, my heart beating faster. No one watching, just me playing. As the song comes to an end I cry harder.
The pain consumes me, I want it to stop. It won't go away so I turn up the music loud.


The author's comments:
This is the first thing I have ever written. I didn't know I like to write or that I was anywhere near good but I didn't and don't care. I don't want to be good, I want to be happy.