Turn Up The Music Loud | Teen Ink

Turn Up The Music Loud

By PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana
PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana

"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me." ~"New Moon" Stephenie Meyer

Stop! Stop the noise! I can't stand to be yelled at again.
I'm done being hurt and torn down, I'm done caring.
I want to escape, to be far away, to never see that fate again.
Where's the love? What happened to happiness?
I'm done caring, I want to escape. Turn up the music loud, I want to day dream.
I want to picture the things I want. I wish to have peace and love again. Why does it leave? Why can't I keep it?
It's hurts to care, so I quit. My scars are everywhere, I must hide them. No one can see the pain I'm in. I refuse to hurt like I've been.
I'm far away, nowhere to be found. I won't be that person again, I won't let the scars remind me. I'm starting over, no more pain.
I'm new, I'm done being me. I am now just a memory. I won't go back, I won't be missed. I don't mind, I'm done caring.
I'm gone. No more worries. No problems, but why can I still hear the yelling? Why aren't I happy?
I still hurt. Why won't the pain stop? It's not gone so I turn up the music louder.
With my head in my hands and the tears falling, I pray to God to escape.
The music is loud. I picture myself playing it.
My fingers flying fast, my heart beating faster. No one watching, just me playing. As the song comes to an end I cry harder.
The pain consumes me, I want it to stop. It won't go away so I turn up the music loud.

This is the first thing I have ever written. I didn't know I like to write or that I was anywhere near good but I didn't and don't care. I don't want to be good, I want to be happy.