The Undiscovered Land

I sailed a ship
across the sea,
to a foreign land
undiscovered.
And while nobody here
had ever been there,
this was a mystery I had to uncover.
Tall lofty trees were in the distance,
with nests swarming with bees.
A sparkling clear creek flowed by,
everything was so refreshing I cannot lie.
There were yellow, green and pink flowers
plus mountains the size of one hundred towers.
The leaves came in marvelous shades of green,
and the ocean a deep shade of blue.
And when I saw this place is beautiful,
know what I say is true.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic imagery! This was a delight to read. :)

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank's for commenting, I appreciate it. :)

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree that this is really pretty!!! When I picture this, I see an island covered in big, beautiful rainforests or jungles.  Great work!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so pretty. I love the visuals you used. My only suggestion is to remember that poetry does not always need to rhyme, and sometimes it can take away from the message or story in the poem. All in all, this is a lovely piece of writing :)