I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

aman_rakhi said...
Mar. 8, 2017 at 5:28 am
Good and free writing...

Sofia_Gonz07This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is so good, keep on writing. I was bored before I read this and loved reading this from you.

SammyLuvz said...
Very beautiful written :)

CrossBow said...
Mar. 6, 2017 at 11:16 am
Now on my favorite list.

Angelina_Best_Writer said...
This is really good work!

GraceTaylor12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing! Good work!

iiris said...
Feb. 24, 2017 at 3:14 am
I love this!

HenriksenM said...
Powerful piece

AditiVibgyor said...
Feb. 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Wow...this is so beautiful :)

Yld777 said...
Feb. 23, 2017 at 6:39 am
You are really talented

TabithaLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have two words: inspiring and fantastic.

Ziggy47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is beautiful

cryingwithpassion said...
Feb. 12, 2017 at 12:51 am
this is how I hope to fell one day.

Enigmapleet said...
Feb. 5, 2017 at 12:37 am
this one is beutiful

Forestert2019 said...
Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:38 am
Amazing I feel the same

anna4real.z This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 1, 2016 at 11:21 am
Super relatable

Elizabeth25This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great poem, amazingly written ... but this topic is becoming very common. Not that I should be talking ;)

Shade said...
Beautiful~

ShadeSlayer12x said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 10:09 am
Honestly good poem but all these people complaining that their boyfriend broke up with them is sad not every guy you like is gonna like you back

Bg_24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 9:19 am
I am practically speechless... WOW!!