I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Elizabeth25This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great poem, amazingly written ... but this topic is becoming very common. Not that I should be talking ;)

Shade said...
Beautiful~

ShadeSlayer12x said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 10:09 am
Honestly good poem but all these people complaining that their boyfriend broke up with them is sad not every guy you like is gonna like you back

Bg_24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 9:19 am
I am practically speechless... WOW!!

gayatrielliotThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 6:16 am
Many people can relate to this. Also, the words used are very good. The poem is very, very, very well written! I love this! You have a lot of talent and creative potential.

KittyKat1201This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing!!!!

pineappler03 said...
Amazing work! Big wow! :)

EswzemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem has so much meaning to me, and I bet it has made an impact on so many others! Thank you for sharing this!

PoetryLove said...
Its me, all in a packet. It´s truly amazing.

BRad said...
I think this poem shows huge emotion behind. It conveys countless emotions in just a few words.

HEY123 said...
Feb. 19, 2016 at 11:28 am
I can totally relate to this poem! I liked this guy for a year, told him I liked him, and cried about what I wish could've been, and then finally, stopped obsessing over him. Great poem though!!

FreeSpirited replied...
I had that same problem! This poem has a lot of great emotion and I wish that acting the way the poem acts was as easy as it sounds;)

HEY GIRL said...
Feb. 19, 2016 at 11:23 am
I can totally relate. I liked this guy for a year, told him i liked him, cried about what I wish could've been, then finally, stopped obsessing over him. Great poem though!!

familysize50 said...
Feb. 19, 2016 at 9:05 am
This is worded nicely and I feel like a lot of people can relate to this poem.

Drew52 said...
Feb. 19, 2016 at 8:11 am
I really like the repetition and rhyme scheme you use!

theone said...
Feb. 19, 2016 at 8:01 am
This is a great poem, good rhyme and repetition. Along with a great meaning.

Audreywau said...
In a few words you actually replicate the precise feeling felt by many people. Amazing. Thank you for being born. If you don't mind, it'd be awesome sauce if you could check out my poem, TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/854005/Glove-and-Oak/ Thank you talented person!!

Emily_S said...
I really like the repetition used! It really drilled in the point as well as her decision!

Randz said...
Jan. 6, 2016 at 7:21 am
That was so good!

Tamie said...
I love that!!!!!