I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

GraceTaylor12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25 at 3:51 pm
This is amazing! Good work!

iiris said...
Feb. 24 at 3:14 am
I love this!

HenriksenM said...
Feb. 23 at 12:51 pm
Powerful piece

AditiVibgyor said...
Feb. 23 at 8:23 am
Wow...this is so beautiful :)

Yld777 said...
Feb. 23 at 6:39 am
You are really talented

TabithaLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18 at 2:14 pm
I have two words: inspiring and fantastic.

Ziggy47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16 at 4:39 pm
this is beautiful

cryingwithpassion said...
Feb. 12 at 12:51 am
this is how I hope to fell one day.

Enigmapleet said...
Feb. 5 at 12:37 am
this one is beutiful

Forestert2019 said...
Jan. 14 at 12:38 am
Amazing I feel the same

anna4real.zThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 1, 2016 at 11:21 am
Super relatable

Elizabeth25 said...
Great poem, amazingly written ... but this topic is becoming very common. Not that I should be talking ;)

Shade said...
Beautiful~

ShadeSlayer12x said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 10:09 am
Honestly good poem but all these people complaining that their boyfriend broke up with them is sad not every guy you like is gonna like you back

Bg_24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 9:19 am
I am practically speechless... WOW!!

gayatrielliot said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 6:16 am
Many people can relate to this. Also, the words used are very good. The poem is very, very, very well written! I love this! You have a lot of talent and creative potential.

KittyKat1201 said...
This is amazing!!!!

pineappler03 said...
Amazing work! Big wow! :)

EswzemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem has so much meaning to me, and I bet it has made an impact on so many others! Thank you for sharing this!

PoetryLove said...
Its me, all in a packet. It´s truly amazing.