I Take Back My Tears | Teen Ink

I Take Back My Tears MAG

By Lilyan Howard BRONZE, Tallahasee, Florida
Lilyan Howard BRONZE, Tallahasee, Florida

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

thebushhippie PLATINUM, Sandown, New Hampshire

Leave behind your own footprints! :0)

Beautiful! Really powerful!

yearsgoneby SILVER, Montclair, New Jersey
This poem is beautiful and really well written. It describes how I feel perfectly. Wonderful job!

Camelot BRONZE said...
on Oct. 14 2010 at 11:30 am
Camelot BRONZE, Woodstock, Vermont

Simplicity is always so beautiful. There was a fragility about this that struck me to the heart.

Beautiful, beautiful poem.

on Oct. 14 2010 at 10:42 am
TimmothyMark GOLD, Hertford, North Carolina

"I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me." - Phillipians 4:13

I wondered when I would fall upon a girl who fell prey to the kind of men that I try to warn women about through my poetry. They never believe, they never understand, only until there heart is broken to several pieces. Great poem, it actually speaks truth.

on Oct. 6 2010 at 7:41 am
pnkninja11 BRONZE, Partlow, Virginia
I feel a connection to this poem. I wish to take back everything also.This keeps me in a very positive mood to look forward towards the future.

LunaWingsFlyAway GOLD, Farmingdale, New York

"And neither the angels in heaven above,Nor the demons down under the sea,Can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee
...Of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride.In the sepulchre there by the sea."

-Edgar Allen Poe

first off i wanna say that its a poem thats very well written and it speaks the truth of so many of us held back by our emotions...and secondly i wanna say congrats for getting out of that...he wasnt worth it....and on both i would like to say that this a piece that u shud be proud of...

AuroraBauer BRONZE, Nome, Alaska

"and he said he doesnt care anymore but the look in his eyes and the sound of his voice tells a differnt story"

i loved it so much!!! it explains me alot!!

wow LOVE it! it talks 2 me soo much i just wanna read it over and over again because its soo true!! :) keep writing ur really talented

Bookworm7 SILVER, Middletown, New York

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. -Willian Shakespeare

This poem describes me so much. Thank you so much for writing it. Oh and p.s. that boy isn't worth your time:).

JazzyMyne GOLD said...
JazzyMyne GOLD, Santa Clara, California

"I don't know what the future holds; But I do know what holds the future."-my little brother john michael

i think that this is just speaking the truth from within you.

on Sep. 22 2010 at 7:15 am
the_real_reggie_rocket BRONZE, Spostylvania, Virginia

"I like to move it, move it."-Anonymous

Totally agree. The next time you try to steal someone's work, check when they became a member.

bergert BRONZE said...
on Sep. 16 2010 at 7:31 am
bergert BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"When life gives you lemons, you have to make lemonade...or else you look like an idiot standing there holding lemons."-Melissa Graulich

What's funny, because the first comment on this poem was on Jan 28, 2009 and you've only been a member on TeenInk for like...eleven months. When I first read your comment I was really mad. Because someone who would try to take credit for something they didn't do... well...what's messed up.

bergert BRONZE said...
on Sep. 16 2010 at 7:31 am
bergert BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

bergert BRONZE said...
on Sep. 16 2010 at 7:25 am
bergert BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

I really, really enjoyed reading this. While I was reading it, I was thinking, "Whoooa, this is about my life!" Congratulations on getting yourself out of that situation. I know how hard it is to shed the chains of someone who has been such a part of your life for so long. I know how hard it is to finally let go of something/someone that'll never be what you need it/them to be. This was beautifully written.

xd_3_7 BRONZE said...
xd_3_7 BRONZE, New Market, Alabama
look on my profile. this is my poem. i wrote this a while ago and posted it on here. this is bullcrap. she took my freakkin poem!

nicole said...
I like this poem! It is good to get over things the way this writer did.

Taylorrrrr SILVER, Plantsville, Connecticut

its hard to keep a secret if its written all over your body,

Reaallllyyyy goood!

Jessa BRONZE said...
Jessa BRONZE, West Chicago, Illinois
I read them and you took the words right out of my head too!! I'm totally jealous of the fact that you came up with it first! But it's beautiful and gorgeous!!!

Eesha-charyya SILVER, KAUNAKAKAI, Hawaii

If she's AMAZING, she won't be EASY. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's WORTH it, YOU won't give up. If you give up, you're NOT worthy... Truth is, EVERYONE is going to HURT you; YOU just got to find the ones worth SUFFERING for -Bob Marley

i soooo agree, i kno ur not suppose to judge, but hey this was amazing and BEAUTIFUL, awesome job!

SamIsSmiling GOLD, Rimbey, Alabama

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

As soon as I saw the title I was like, "SOO TAKE BACK YOUR TEARS THIS TIIIIIHHMMMEE!!!" :P