I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

JazzyMyne said...
i think that this is just speaking the truth from within you.

bergert said...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:31 am
What's funny, because the first comment on this poem was on Jan 28, 2009 and you've only been a member on TeenInk for like...eleven months. When I first read your comment I was really mad. Because someone who would try to take credit for something they didn't do... well...what's messed up.

the_real_reggie_rocket replied...
Sept. 22, 2010 at 7:15 am
Totally agree. The next time you try to steal someone's work, check when they became a member.

bergert said...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:25 am
I really, really enjoyed reading this. While I was reading it, I was thinking, "Whoooa, this is about my life!" Congratulations on getting yourself out of that situation. I know how hard it is to shed the chains of someone who has been such a part of your life for so long. I know how hard it is to finally let go of something/someone that'll never be what you need it/them to be. This was beautifully written.

xd_3_7 said...
look on my profile. this is my poem. i wrote this a while ago and posted it on here. this is bullcrap. she took my freakkin poem!

bergert replied...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:31 am

nicole said...
I like this poem! It is good to get over things the way this writer did.

Taylor L. said...
Reaallllyyyy goood!

SamIsSmiling said...
As soon as I saw the title I was like, "SOO TAKE BACK YOUR TEARS THIS TIIIIIHHMMMEE!!!" :P

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
One Word : Beautiful.

jph1123 said...
That is beautiful!

Emma.C.B replied...
You hooked me from the tittle! i love it you took the words out of my head ha. you rock and dont stop.

EESHA-CHARYYA replied...
i soooo agree, i kno ur not suppose to judge, but hey this was amazing and BEAUTIFUL, awesome job!

Jessa replied...
I read them and you took the words right out of my head too!! I'm totally jealous of the fact that you came up with it first! But it's beautiful and gorgeous!!!

Jessss said...
I love this so much!
I have poems I submitted if anyone wants to go and see them [:

kesha said...
Keep writing! Because i love it

live.laugh.write said...
I loved this! :D

halls said...
HOLY AMAZING!!!!!!!

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
amazing poem, but i thought the last stanza was a little bit... cliche.  mostly just the "free as the wind" part. the rest was awesome.

ChrissyPeaceHall said...
This poem is perfect. I love it. It reminds me of what happened between me and a guy. Exactly.