I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

HannahBanana23 said...
very beautiful, i can understand the emotion behind it.

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
UH-MAZING!!!!!!1 I LOVE IT!<333

keannnie said...
omg...i love this! you are so amazing at writing!!

CherokeeDoggette said...
this is amazingly true... alot of people can relate to this... never stop writing

Coco-Chanele said...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:21 am
This Is Beautiful.I Cry Everytime Something Doesnt Happen or Something Happens and Doesnt Go Right.Cryin Is Like My Bestfriend Because It Takes a Load Off Of Me.I Can So Relate To This.I Love It !!

dancer0529 said...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:09 am
This was amazing!!!! I always cry when something goes wrong and when i read this my eyes started to tear. I really loved hthis poem! It was amazing!! I think you should share your talent with your friends, family, and maybe ask your english teacher if there is a website you can submit your poems for like contests. You have a great talent!! Share it with the world even if you just make a book with all your poems!! You have a great future ahead of you if you continue to write!! Good Luck and thank... (more »)

DarknessForever13 said...
I love this, its amazing, I very RARELY ever cry, but when I do, this is my exact feelings. Countinue writing, and when your book is published, I will make sure to read it. Oh, and I would be eternaly grateful if you could check out some of my work, if you wish to, that is. I thank you for writing this peice.

Bubbly357 said...
It's eloquent, delicate,  inspiring, and strong. I don't think that this poem is just about getting over a boy. I believe that this poem is a metophor for life, it's about moving on with you life, living free and without regrets.

thebushhippie said...
Beautiful! Really powerful!

yearsgoneby said...
This poem is beautiful and really well written. It describes how I feel perfectly. Wonderful job!

Camelot said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:30 am

Simplicity is always so beautiful. There was a fragility about this that struck me to the heart.

Beautiful, beautiful poem.

TimmothyMark said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:42 am
I wondered when I would fall upon a girl who fell prey to the kind of men that I try to warn women about through my poetry. They never believe, they never understand, only until there heart is broken to several pieces. Great poem, it actually speaks truth.

pnkninja11 said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:41 am
I feel a connection to this poem. I wish to take back everything also.This keeps me in a very positive mood to look forward towards the future.

LunaWingsFlyAway said...
first off i wanna say that its a poem thats very well written and it speaks the truth of so many of us held back by our emotions...and secondly i wanna say congrats for getting out of that...he wasnt worth it....and on both i would like to say that this a piece that u shud be proud of...

AuroraBauer said...
i loved it so much!!! it explains me alot!!

Emotions crave said...
wow LOVE it! it talks 2 me soo much i just wanna read it over and over again because its soo true!! :) keep writing ur really talented

Bookworm7 said...
This poem describes me so much. Thank you so much for writing it. Oh and p.s. that boy isn't worth your time:).

JazzyMyne said...
i think that this is just speaking the truth from within you.

bergert said...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:31 am
What's funny, because the first comment on this poem was on Jan 28, 2009 and you've only been a member on TeenInk for like...eleven months. When I first read your comment I was really mad. Because someone who would try to take credit for something they didn't do... well...what's messed up.

the_real_reggie_rocket replied...
Sept. 22, 2010 at 7:15 am
Totally agree. The next time you try to steal someone's work, check when they became a member.