I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

vakas said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 12:53 am
I like it.....

WallyGirl said...
Awww this is really good(:

REMi93 said...
awww i love this

nene_16 replied...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:48 am
yea she did this poem i can put mi self n her shoes

Mgymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i love this! it's very inspiring!! :)

also, if you get the chance could you check out some of my poems such as A mirror image and The Sinners Confession (& comment and rate them???) it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

ashleyn said...
this is amazing! love it it feels so freeing! i wish i could feel that way!

wonderlandhaley said...
AMAZING! i love<3 Keep writing;)

pixiedust15 said...
I love this!!!! I don't know what it's like to get out of a freaky relationship, but a close friend of mine just did.....n she feels the same way...please keep writing.

tiger29 said...
i love this poem its awesome

RainBowSkittles13 said...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 8:38 am
I absolutly love this poem!!!! I can totally relate to this poem because I was in a very abusive relationship.

Keli123 said...
i love this poem!! i recently just got out of a crappy relationship with a controll freak so i feel so free like i just got out of prison. lol. i can totally relate. this is a great poem. keep writting :)

Dallas said...
I LOVE this poem!! i can absolutely relate it really touched my heart.... These words will help me later on in life i garentee it. =)

Lils101 said...

how do u get alllll ur work published by  magazines ALL the time?

ashbash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
really awesome, i completely agree with the truth in these words, five stars! peace

Cinder said...
That was great and so very true :)

Confused_About_Everything said...
True on so many levels for so many people. Bravo!

ellie315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i really like this! 5 stars!

but you rhyme tears and years and then heart with heart and it doesnt sound quite right...its the only time something is rhymed with itself and there are plenty of words that rhyme with heart and i think if you used one it might sound better. but still: good poem!

SilverLuna said...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:56 am
This really hits home for me being that it really captures how I feel, exactly, at this moment. You did a great job not only with meaning but with the cadence of your words! Great job and keep it up!

anne.Brooke said...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 12:51 am
simple...yet beautiful :)

MRose911 said...
AMAZING! :)