I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Athena95 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 9:07 am
this is Awesome

BBALL101 replied...
r u Athena willams? lol

GoldSage said...
That is really awesome. That could easily speak to many heart. Keep writing.

WillowFalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazingnesssss! Love this poem! :)

cheyenne1997 said...
awsomely amazing..it would make a great song

perfectenough said...
this is ahhhmazing(: how long have you been writing? please check out some of my stuff

Basketball23 said...
I LOVE this poem!!!  It completely relates to my situations in life.  Keep up the GREAT work!!!

oliviahatesalicia said...
This poem is so relatable to soo many girls out there.  We've all wasted our time on something..especially love, which I think this is about.  This poem is very inspirational for people out there.

wavedancer said...
I applaud the emotion you put into this poem. You let the reader get a sense of what you felt during a certain time and it is inviting for people who may feel the same. I think your choice of free verse was the best choice because it allowed the poem to flow naturally without trying to stay in a set of rules of other structured poems. Good Job.!

smeesh2 said...
this poem to me is very relatable. i love reading it over and over again. the way it's worded is so intense and strong. you did an amazing job!!

DanW23 said...
I really liked this poem.  I feel like we all can relate to the message in this poem.  We all have had our hearts broken and this is a great way to express yourself in a poem.  Great Job :)

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 10:22 am
I love this poem more every time I read it. This is just a fantastic poem, with such a... free feel to it. Keep writing like this!

Sarv said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:15 am
i absolutely loved this. this is exactly how i am feeling now after my partner just left me. wow.

heartgirl22 said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 7:53 am
LOVEEEEE! IT! <3

Shootingstar112 said...
this is an amazing poem... i can really relate to it and i love it :)

mickeyjeanne said...
I really love this poem and it just made me realize I need to move on completely and never go back to the thoughts of hurt and pain of what "never could happen."

Jessss replied...
Feb. 6, 2011 at 12:55 am
Awh! Completely agree..

ieshadanai said...
omgd.. that is a really good poem..keep up it up because it was super awesome monkey balln chain..

theartgeek said...
wow, this poem is really beautiful because there are so many people who can relate to it.  It is realistic, descriptive, and enspiring.  two words. Fab. Ulous.  (wow, that was lame....XD)

Sumana2 said...
Beautiful. Thsi is absolutely amazing.

hopeforthelostcause This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've read this article several times and every time I read it I love it more and more! It's so powerful, keep up the fantastic writing :)