Self-Destruction This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The flames begin,
Licking their fiery wrath up my arms.
I let them come and bid them good morning,
A welcome distraction
From all the pain and the loss of this fine
Mourning.
The pain slips from my fingers in a broken
Way,
As rain slips from the clouds unbidden.
But the tears did not abate
This agony,
And while they, the flames of my shame and dark past,
burned
I stood there, silent
As can be
Awaiting my impending
self-
destruction.

bethanyebethany said...
today at 5:48 pm:
Wow. No Words. Fantastic.

LittleLadybirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:42 pm:
I practically shivered when I read "this fine/Mourning"!!! Amazing again Jade, you have such a great talent!!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12 at 1:21 pm:
Jade, Great Job! What do you mean it's not good??? This is great to anyone who reads it, and obviously the editors. Beautiful work Jade. I will go check out your other work now. :) Keep rockin

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 11 at 4:53 pm:
You know, it has a similar, dreamy atmosphere to it as your other poem, The Painting. But that one was about creation, and losing yourself in something good. This one is destruction, and losing yourself in mind-numbing pain. 'Tis rather chilling. I actually think they are prrtty good companion peices.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 11 at 6:21 pm :
Thanks! I've also realized some of my poems are rather similar, for better or for worse. Good idea about companion pieces! Is there anything you'd like me to comment one for you?

Edison99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 11 at 7:11 pm :
i really like the imagery and personification. my favorite part is when you wrote about how the fire licked their wrath up my arms. nice poem! definitely deserved the editors award!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 12 at 12:23 am :
I didnt have anything in mind, i just lost the book i was reading and needed something good to read. I guess I have a new poem, but its not up yet. It will be a few days.

May 12 at 9:39 am :
Thanks guys!! And I'll be sure to check it out when it's up, epic. What would you like me to read, Edison??

May 12 at 9:48 pm :
Tis UP! and is called Sacred Heartbeat :) I am haaaaappy!!!!!!!

jmitchbbThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 10 at 7:47 pm:
The imagrey in this poem is amazing! How could you say it isn't any good?

May 10 at 8:43 pm :
haha, thanks, i suppose i just wasn't feeling the rhythm? idk, but thanks so much you're very nice :D

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 9 at 7:27 pm:
I love the lines "The flames begin/Licking their fiery wrath up my arms." What an excellent way to begin your poem! I also like how you didn't need rhyming to make the poem stick with your readers; it's amazing without rhymes detracting from its meaning. Great job!

May 9 at 10:43 pm :
Thank you soooo much!

TheNamesBond.....JamesBond This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23 at 5:35 pm:
Jade, you suck. U suck at being bad ;D, good work. Very well written.

. replied...
Apr. 23 at 7:32 pm :
awww that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me XD lol

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22 at 10:22 pm:
Jade, I love this. This is so raw and real.

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 20 at 9:49 pm:
i really like it! i love the choppy yet flowing melody of it. great job! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 1:03 pm:
"Isn't any good"? Girl, what's worng with you? This is outstanding. Trying to be all selfless and modest. Naw, this is poetry; the Editors thought so. I love your image too: it's as if the hands were bleeding rainbows. Though, honestly that'd be kinda cool. Awesome work, Jade; keep doing your work. :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18 at 1:05 pm :
Sorry, to bother you with this; but I saw your profile and I saw you like City of Bones. I wrote a review some time ago. Will you read it? Don't mean to advertise my review, but I want the honest opinion of a fan. 

Apr. 18 at 9:08 pm :
Yah of course I will!!!!!! XD XD