Gizmo

Making eye contact with you is simply eerie,
you look into the depth of my soul and there is no place for me to hide.
The glow of your electric green eyes lights up my dreary life.
So confident in yourself never needing to wear a disguise.
You are so inscrutable it’s inapprehensible.
The regality of your presence is engulfed with sovereignty.
You are even more wise than those said to have a ‘gifted’ mind.
You get all that you desire due to your demanding choir.
So clairvoyant and all I can do is envy that glorious side of you.
The agility you have is almost greater than the loyalty you offer me.
Mysterious and cunning as you creep through the night.
Your charm is so controversial if asked of a feline and canine lover,
on the contrary, you know I’d never question your worth.
Peculiarity is spread throughout your tiger-like body.
The touch of your fur is so angelic and mellifluous
the sound of your purr sings me into my slumber.
The adulation I give you is possibly more than you deserve,
but the curve of your tail swinging back and forth couldn’t disagree more.
Even past your nine lives I will always
love my little feline.

Chichot123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:36 am:
I love it :D. A great poet knows how to write a mesmorising piece about something veryyy simple. That's exactly what you did here :D. This is amazing, write on :) 

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 5:06 pm:
This is great! It flows amazingly, and it almost seems like I can visualize your cat. It's personality, anyway. What does the cat actually look like?

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 2 at 10:21 pm :
I wanted to tell you thank you very, very much for all the lovely comments that you leave. I have never had anyone say I am their favorite on teen ink! I cannot thank you enough! You're very talented as well. And thank you! My cat is so chubby, eight treats a day and what do you expect! He is a very big kitty. He has black fur on his body that has little tiny highlights of blonde. And he has little prints all over his body that look like leopard print. And he has green eyes. He is my little ... (more »)

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 3 at 9:04 am :
Your welcome. :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 16 at 3:33 pm:
I love the title: it's very quirky. The poem is very detailed. I like the scenes you convey in this poem. I feel as if I already know your cat. c: Say hi to the cat for me, even if he has no idea who I am. 

tuckertwin12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 9:54 pm:
That was so good! It was really cute! I especially loved your word choice. Great!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 9:41 pm:
Awww! This is a very apt discription of the feline air and additude, but also is very clearly and sincirely colored with our own affection for some fuzzball of your own. I loved it, and those lines in the beginning about electric green eyes and the erieeness of meeting Gizmo's gaze was just fantastic. Great work!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 6:37 pm:
So THIS was the cat poem you were talking about!!! Lol it's really great! Makes me want to get a cat--- except that I am allergic. Just wanted to let u know also tht my new piece is featured on the front page of the opinion section, it's called questions thanks and keep rockin Lexus