Beautiful tears

The oncoming weather wafted to my senses
Like the lingering smoke from a man’s cigar.
Up from the asphalt came the soothing scent of the awaiting downpour
And down came the sparks of life’s mysterious gestures
One of the many great elements of life
I await these moments to calm and sooth my soul
Others fell threatened and frightened
What does the down pour bring?
Reminders of laughter washed away?
Reminders of pain that had once fallen?
There is safety in the rain as it cleans and makes anew

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 12:55 am:
I loved the imagery in this poem. The lines "Like the lingering smoke from a man's cigar" and "down came the sparks of life's mysterious gestures" were beautifully worded. I could visualize the scene in my head.... What I expected to be a sad poem made me feel peaceful. This poem is truly breathtaking.

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 12:58 am :
Reading this poem was like going on a journey. It is one of my favorites, and definiely deserves to be published. Please write more. :)

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 20 at 6:22 pm:
I love the first 3 phrases, amazing. Write more, haha.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14 at 1:57 pm:
i love this! the moments right before a storm really are breathtaking and you captured it perfectly

scary234 said...
May 17 at 1:11 pm:
loved it. amazing description and emotion

annafranna said...
May 13 at 10:23 am:
I really like your poem!  I love the message.

biblio9477 said...
May 6 at 9:13 pm:
This reminded me something I haven't thought about in awhile, not since it first happened. It wasn't much, though, just a rainy morning in early July. I sat on my doorstep for an hour watching the rain and drinking cinnamon apple tea. My sister was inside watching TV. That memory is what I recall now to be one of the most precious gained that summer. Thank you for bringing it back with that beautiful poem. I loved especially how you used a series of rhetorical questions when drawing to a close.... (more »)

Abelinks said...
May 6 at 10:59 am:
it's a fine poem. not much meaning other than itslef though.

Apr. 25 at 5:21 pm:
I love the description that you used!!

Bluetooth13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19 at 8:40 pm:
This is realy good! :)

Gage1121 said...
Apr. 14 at 7:57 pm:
PLEASE comment and rate