White-out

The writer carefully places
the thin white-washed
black bristles of the brush
over his errors
and masquerades his mistakes
—“form” to “from,”
“ate” to “eight,”
“there” to “their.”

Wouldn’t Life be easier
if one could bleach or blot out
the blotches and blemishes,
the sins and smears
of the Heart—
from lie to truth,
cruelty to compassion,
hate to love?

LiraDaerisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 6:42 pm:
It would be! I like your presentation.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 23 at 1:18 pm :
Thank you. 

Kris_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 1:33 pm:
I like how you start off talkng about literaly whiting something out from a writers point of veiw. Then as you talk about whiting out smears on our hearts, i still felt like you were relating specifically to writers. How we think things through too much and want everything to be perfect. Where as maybe a mathemetician or football player doesnt think like this.  So well done! You related with your audience perfectly! (:

Apr. 17 at 1:52 pm :
Thank you. You have made my day and brought a smile to my face that will be hard to fade away throughout the day. I'm happy when someone can relate to my work. Feels good to know there are people who feel that same way I do in certain areas. We're all different but somehow we can relate in certain aspects of life. Awesome. 

Kris_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 17 at 10:25 pm :
I'm glad I made you smile.

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 3:21 pm:
This spoke to me more than any poems so far... I too wish that i could create and form my life... 5 stars for relatabilty... you have a knack for speaking what the writers heart is saying to itself eloquently thus breathing new life and mystery into the bland world of those who do not live by the pen and paper.

Apr. 16 at 3:38 pm :
That means a lot, really. I appreciate that. To know that someone thinks I can convey such emotion, means much. Thank you.

today at 6:36 pm :
Hey guess what  OldYoungOne?! Besos is finally posted. Please read it. I think you'll like it.