Dream State

Sleep deprived
But still in a dream.
The nightmare awaits
Lingering for me.

The forest is alert
And so am I.
Gazing up at the sky
Waiting for my time.

Always in solitude
But it never shows.
I’m caged in the dream
That never lets go.

Seeking to evade fatigue
Or waiting for it to rest.
Don’t know what I want;
Dreams only live to infest.

Still in a dream state,
Gasping for light.

I can feel the tension,
Like wildfire.
But who lights it on me-
Myself
Or something else?

BlackbeltJamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very clever; the concept and writting of it can be confusing, but it is well written and an intriguing poem :)

roseycub said...
So great.  

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Phenomenal. Goob job.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank u so much :P

Alex_Writer said...
Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:56 am
I know what you mean when you wrote this.  I also loved how you made it have a ryhme but also  there wasn't. 

Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:57 am
Haha, thank u so much :P

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It was great, and i toataly know the feeling of feeling your living  a dream that never ends it makes you want to re-read it a million times