House on a Hill

The breeze floats swiftly through the cracks of a sodden wooden bench. In the distance birds whisper to the wind, producing a sweet melody. My heart beats as one with the river sweeping itself along the banks. Flashes of color reflect off of the pale sand as scales and fins jump out of the translucent water. The heavens begin to glow pink and dark shadows reflect off of the dark mirror of once transparent waters. Gray figures rule the sky, wings beating gently, their soft voices guiding me to the dark familiar outline of a house on a hill.

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your imagery is beautiful.

Rach442 said...
This is stunning. I really love the imagery and description in this poem. 

AbbaDabbaDoo said...
This is wonderful, with a description to match that of Mark Twain's of Jackson Island in the early morning. Keep it up!

MadelaineIrene said...
Sometimes this is my favorite thing to do, just write out my memories the way I remember them; poetic.  I also like to base some of my poems off of my memories, even if it's just scenery.  I like this a lot :)  It's refreshing.

Theholethatiswhole said...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:39 am:
What great imagery! You have a knack for it. It has this eerie qualitty that gives it life. I really enjoyed it.   Please give my poetry a quick look, I am always looking for constructive crticism!

Theholethatiswhole replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:39 am :
*****quality