The Should-Have-Beens

This takes time,
But I hate how you look at me,
As if every time I kiss you,
I bite you,
And every time I let you in,
I trap you.
Well if you want so badly to leave,
Leave,
And stop kissing me back like you care,
And then
Maybe we will see the truth, that with every
Lie
Comes another lie, and it’s not anything you
Did,
But what you said you didn’t do.
You lied,
And I take the blame every single second
That I keep loving you.
So I’d like to say thank you for the bittersweet,
And the
Should-have-beens,
And maybe someday you can repay me for
Real
Love.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:46 am:
What do you mean, your name is a lie????

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 6:25 pm :
OH. It used to be RarelyJaded.... i just meant that i'm always jaded. Just disregard XD

jmitchbbThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 10 at 7:50 pm:
I really like this poem. It would sound great if you were to perform it...it's the kind of poem that really lends itself well to that.

May 10 at 8:42 pm :
Thank you so much for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated! I find comments so helpful!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 9 at 7:34 pm:
Wow, I love the last few lines! They finish the poem thoroughly with a punch. :D Nice job!

Tabitha1233This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27 at 10:51 am:
Nice imagery! Great poem! I loved how "bad girlish/ rebel" it felt!

Apr. 29 at 9:57 am :
Thank you!

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 6:29 am:
Wow! This poem is so powerful. I can feel your emotions! Beautiful imagery! My favorite line was “As if every time I kiss you,I bite you,” I never thought how different it could be! I love how conflicted it is. Very good! You do a good job of expressing yourself (or you fiction character?) I like it! *****

Gwen_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14 at 6:33 pm:
so deep, & a little bad-a, giiiiirl! Lovin' it! (:

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 12 at 9:45 pm:
Jade, this is so beautiful. My friend, Spencer, writes JUST LIKE THIS, and he's one of the best writers I know... (even though he gave up on it D:) I love how this poem is almost like a slap and laugh in the face; it's awesome, like revenge or payback. I love the beginning as well... My favorite word EVER is "bittersweet," although I never find an opportunity to use it in my own writing... Fantastic. This is amazing!!

Apr. 13 at 7:43 pm :
Thank you! Your feedback really means a lot!!!