Barbie Vs. Porcelain Doll

Do you remember me
The girl that used to mean everything to you
Do you remember
I was every breath you took
I used to mean the world to you
But then things changed
I was no longer your # 1
Your main girl
Your ride and never die
You replaced me
Or should I say you found a substitute
Someone who wasn’t half as good
What did she have that I didn’t?
Beside a barcode
She wasn’t real she was a Barbie
But you left this Porcelain Doll for a piece of plastic
You only love her because she gave u everything you asked
You said she had everything
Well did that include class because
She was nothing but some side of the rode trash
You loved her for her looks
But baby boy you forgot to read between them lines
I might not be your last or even your next
But I'm positive I was your best
And its not even that I’m jealous
I just believe that you can do so much better
but if you disagree then let it be
And no I’m not gonna apologize for being honest
Because that’s like saying sorry for being real
just keep in mind there are so many other options

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:10 pm:
Hey there! I loved this a lot! I thought this line was wonderful, "She wasn’t real she was a Barbie
But you left this Porcelain Doll for a piece of plastic." That'd have to be my favorite. I love the title. I thought the comparison of a barbie and a porcelain doll was really interesting. I liked the concept a lot. I thought that it was going to end very bitter, but it actually ended with a bit of a 'good luck' like hey there are better people out there for you, ... (more »)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:19 am:
Hmm... the metaphore of barbie/vs porcelain doll is a pretty good one, but i cant help be not particularly be fond of it. To me, the point isnt that barbies are geniric and plastic that makes them so worthless, that would make trading someone imporant for someone metaphorically plastic horrendous. No... it is closer to horror that they are toys at all. To trade someone real for someone fake would be the bigger horror. I rebel internally at the speaker calling herself a toy of any type, since nei... (more »)

swat17 said...
yesterday at 6:33 pm:
This is great! I love the rhythm and word choice. The message was clear and strong. Well done!

jmitchbbThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:33 am :
I agree, the rhythm and word choice were excellent.