Concert

The trill of a solo flute
Flutters, dances ‘round my head.
The mellow whine of violins
Dangle gently, spider threads
Of melody entwine with
Trumpets, blowing sorrow, wishes, aches.
Sitting in my concert chair, I hear ribbons turn to
Snakes, hiss and rattle, cello moans
The clatter of percussion, bones
Of skeletal new rhythms play
The CRASH of symbols
Dawns new day.
A light, a lark, rekindled tune.
A gentle call, birds bade the moon
Goodbye, awake I raise my head
In awe of music, spider threads.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28 at 3:45 pm:
Hey there! Once again, bravo on the immaculate attention to small details! Really, it's spectacular! I think you did a job well done on the rhymes, it seems to flow very well. And the count was also good. I love the way you describe each instrument and the way it impacts the next sound. I am really impressed with the way you describe each sound as well.. I feel that I can hear them in my head and it's really nice. I love the way you emphasize the word 'crash' and describe it... (more »)

LabradorianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 8:36 pm :
Thank you again for commenting. I look forward to reading more of your work :)