Change

A change for the better
Sometimes we hurt
Sometimes we don’t
Sometimes we get caught in the wild fire and get burnt
Sometimes we are alright and we float
But we can always make ourselves better
Take a look at yourself
And notice all the good things you have
And then take a look around and notice the people that save
Everything to get just a slice of what you got
Because to them you got a lot
We can always better ourselves
On so many different levels
And in different ways
Just look in the mirror
There is always one near
And just ask yourself
What can I do better than everyone else
Give yourself a make over
And erase the cover
You have hidden behind
Let yourself shine

Court901 said...
May 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm:
Good poem. It inspired me to write about change and change myself as well. I agree with LexusMarie about the sentence part. But other than that, good job.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 6:31 pm:
I love this concept. You make rhyming seem so effortless as well and love the imagery. You're such an awesome writer! :P

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 6:12 pm:
Hey there! I like the title, change is always a good topic to write about, in my opinion.. which reminds me, I should write about it soon. Anyways, I have a small suggestion, maybe put some of these lines together. For example, sometimes we hurt and sometimes we don't could be put together and separated by either a comma or period. I like the word choices in here, you have very good points. I loved the ending, it really eased the whole mood of the poem. Good job.