Best Friend? | Teen Ink

Best Friend?

By SammieMarie96 BRONZE, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
SammieMarie96 BRONZE, Elk Grove Village, Illinois

"We are young, we run free, stay up late, we don't go to sleep, got our friends, got the night, we'll be alright."

"Dear ex, just because I'm nice to you doesn't mean I want you back. sincerly, we broke up for a reason."

All I ever did to you was try and be nice like a friend should treat you, and you abused that. All I ever did was care about you and stuck up for you and all you ever did was throw me down and spit in my face. We were supposed to be best friends until the very end, the girl who I can call my sister, the one who I could go to for anything. the one who was supposed to keep my secrets and laugh about anything. I was ALWAYS there for you, but you were never there for me. I was the one who always picked up the broken pieces when your heart was broken. you did nothing for me except bring up the horrible memories in our past, out me down and make me feel bad. You're nothing but a selfish little girl who looks for pity out of others, the whole world is in your hands, and now there is nothing I can do to stop this except say to you, goodbye and thanks for everything you've done to me.

I wrote this about a girl who I thought was my friend, but ended up being a bystander when I needed her the most. she closed the door on me when I asked for help and then later on pretended like nothing ever happened.