I’m Conscience-Stricken

I look at you and I try to walk through,
but you’re a labyrinth.
You blink apprehensively and act like you can’t see me.
My thoughts start to teeter and my face is hot like rum and a fever.
You’re looking gob smacked and take a step back…
I came here with a serene attitude,
but I’m perturbed by the way that you move.
My brain is reeled at the out of order behavior
and not knowing how to react I stood shock still.
Your life used to be picturesque;
how’d it end up like this?
I didn’t realize it’d been such an aeon since I left -
I did not mean to be gone so long, but don’t blame me for your life going wrong.
A request for forgiveness is all I can offer…
I see a yield sign in your eye
and so I assume this is good-bye.
You’ve calculated my assumption and the stab in my back says you’ve strayed from our pack.
I guess holding a friendship is something I lack.

Metal4Life said...
May 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm:
Awesome use of imagery, literary devices, and a very interesting format! You are so talented I really enjoy your works!

SoulPoetry said...
May 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm:
I love your style! The poem really stands out with all the metaphors and such! (The labyrinth metaphor is so true for all of us) This poem flowed so well.. I love your work so much! Keep writing<3

dragonsandthree said...
May 2, 2013 at 8:49 am:
This is awesome! It flows beautifully.

Infinite.Survivor.365 said...
Friendship is deffinetly hard to describe but I feel like your on point with this! props:)

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:37 am:
This reminded me of some of my broken friendships.. It was very nice :) with a good word choice n a smooth flow :)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:31 am:
Struck me as quite an emotional one, this, and your words are well used too, to make up a fine poem for an idea so simple. 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:45 am:
Sweet work! I like your modern style and metaphors. The part about the yeild sign in the persons eyes was great! Another part I liked was "My brain reeled out of order at yiur behavior/ and not knowing how toreact I stood shock still." Just great! Keep writing, keep up the good work!

tuckertwin12 said...
That was really great and so true! Most poems show friendship as one happy thing, but this doesn't. And i loved that! Keep writing!!

7_Ambitions said...
I really loved this poem , i could feel the emotion, and the vocabulary makes it so much realier, I Loved It

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so happy to have read this new poem from you. I love the language you use—especially in the first sentence "but you're a labyrinth"—aren't we all labryinths so un-decipherable to everyone esle but ourselves—hold on I think I'm having an epiphany for a new poem here. Anyway, I adore your explanation of freindship in this poem. Friendship aren't always rainbows and unicorns, sometimes they're 18-headed dragons that breathe fire. Love this!

-Char said...
This brought a single tear to my eye. It's phenomenal. Keep writing, go you:)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazing way to go keep it up :3

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Totally relatable! Great job i know EXACTLY what u mean