Recovery | Teen Ink

Recovery

March 25, 2013
By PoetsCafe SILVER, Topeka, Kansas
PoetsCafe SILVER, Topeka, Kansas
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems.
-- Dean Koontz

The past cannot be changed, the present is a reflection of what we were. and there is only a future if you never take a single step back.
-- James Lovegrove


She looked at the picture and quietly remembered all of their good times.
Her tears streamed faster; she rocked on her bed, crying for things loved and lost.
She picked up the bottle of pills, turned it 'round and 'round.
She fingered the cap, but set it aside, no hospital visit tonight.
Next, she considered the razor, the quickest and quietest way.
Just a thin, deep slice would do the trick, she pondered, then pushed it away.
Once more she looked at the picture, but this time she pushed it away.
She ripped it up into pieces and dried her eyes on her sleeve.
Living in the past and opening old wounds won't help her recovery.


The author's comments:
This is about my recovery from my darkest time of my depression. I hope to portray the very real threat that people struggling with depression face every day, but also that it is possible to recover and maintain stability in life.