Cinderella's first-aid kit

I asked Cinderella's mice to patch up my broken heart -
they began. Poke, stab, prod.
Yes, it was painful now, but knowing that it would be beautiful later
I clenched my teeth and closed my eyes.
A glass slipper can easily get lost, but it can shatter just as quick
and that's what happened to us.
The sharp pieces that were never swept up still rip me apart.
We'll both have permanent scars where the jagged edges of our love collided,
but you see,
yours bled and mine bleeds.

GreekGoddessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:59 pm:
This is very well structered and the ending was a great way to end it. What I don't quite understand is how the "sharp peices.. still rip me apart". I don't undersatnd how glass rips you apart. I'm not sure how it can be better put (and I love the "Never swept up" part!). Good job and keep it up!

OlveraJorge1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 2:37 pm:
I Really did enjoy reading this

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 13 at 8:56 pm :
Thank you.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22 at 3:03 pm:
Wow. You took a very used fairy tale allusion and turned it into something new and, yes, relatable. I winced with pain alongside your sharp descriptions. Exsquisite work :)

Apr. 22 at 9:31 pm :
Thank you so much!

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 6 at 10:25 am:
That it's short and effective is a plus, and your writing itself compliments to this well-phrased, relatable poem. Were it not on a cliche theme, it would have been outstanding. Good job though!

Apr. 6 at 1:58 pm :
Haha we all need a cliche poem in our lives. Thank you! Xo

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 7:55 pm:
this poem made me think of two words. 1. relatable and 2. beautiful. good job! i love all your work!<3

Apr. 4 at 8:00 pm :
You don't know how much I appreciate that... thank you!

7_AmbitionsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 7:19 pm:
This poem unforunately was relateable and i really liked it , i swear i wish i could write as good as the people on this , anyway simply amazing

Apr. 4 at 7:44 pm :
Thank you. Xo + Keep practicing, we all have a long way to go.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 4 at 2:56 pm:
This poem breathes imagery. I love your allusion of Cinderella. 

Apr. 4 at 4:18 pm :
You're so sweet. Thank you :)

Literature_DarlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 12:58 pm:
beautiful! I loved the the last four lines. YOu had great line breaks and very nice imagery!

Apr. 4 at 1:36 pm :
Thank you so much. Xo

HannahBanana99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 3:30 pm:
I loved this poem! The theme was very unique and the words flowed really well together. Nice job :)

Apr. 3 at 3:48 pm :
I'm glad you liked it, thank you. :)

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 1:29 pm:
I love how you took a fairytale and moulded it into your own version :) this poem is very novel and i especially enjoyed the imagery with the glass slipper. 

Apr. 3 at 2:37 pm :
Thank you :)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 10:00 am:
I really like the last line of this. It does a very good job of tying the poem together. And the metaphor of Cinderella was certainly a unique one, which I liked. :)