Summer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sunlight is dogmatic
Stubbornly insisting
On the optimistic rosy tint
That stings skin at the beach

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:59 pm:
Well seeing as I am of African American/ Indian descent I can only imagine the horror. But nonetheless I like it all the same. Congrats.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 4:29 am:
Oh Star!! Congratulations on the publication! Totally deserved! This one is exceptional. I LOVE when you call the Sun "dogmatic" And all the rest of it is pretty awesome too, I just don't know how to praise it more except for the fact that I mostly DO NOT love summers but this one actually made me quite cheerful about it :))

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 25 at 11:43 pm :
Haha thanks so much! :) You are so sweet^.^

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 27 at 11:17 am :
Dear Star,, Only half as sweet as you :D

MusicNerd123 said...
May 21 at 3:53 pm:
The imagery is great in this piece. It also made me laugh because I deal with sunburn every time I walk outside. Good job!

May 25 at 11:44 pm :
Thanks a ton! I'm glad you liked it! :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 9:29 pm:
I've read this before but didn't comment......CONGRATS ON THE MAG!!!!! XD I just made it too!! ^-^

May 17 at 6:34 pm :
  That is fantastic!!! :D Your work is so great; you definitely deserve the recognition. :)

laurensoccerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 5:05 pm:
The poem is great. Even though the poem doesn't rhyme, it feels like it does. It has a definite beat and voice. I would really appreciate it if you could check out some of my poems. Thanks.

May 17 at 7:12 pm :
Thanks so much! I would be happy to take a look at your work. :)

Behind_a_Plastic_SmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 9:55 pm:
ha! this is so great- the twisted new outlook to contrast all the overplayed sunny poems and totally well writen

May 8 at 9:07 pm :
Haha I'm glad you got that from it

Apr. 9 at 2:58 pm:
Ive never had that problem with the sun but I like the imagery :)

Apr. 9 at 8:38 pm :
Thank you! :)