I Wish I Knew

I wish I knew why people killed each other
Or where hate comes from
I wish that I could understand the origin
Of the blood behind my eyes
But at least I know one thing for sure
I didn't put it there

SaphiraBrightscales said...
I Wish I Knew too.... WOW, your words come so well together, you have a GIFT! 

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm :
You are way too kind! But I cannot thank you enough for the compliment. :)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm :
It is nothing! Not enough praise for such amazing poetry... I do not have words amazing enough...

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The last two lines wrap this up so well... I love it.

Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:36 pm :
Thanks so much!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't feel like I have to comment, I WANT to :) :) because you are an amazing writing. SHOCKER, but I love this poem. It's short yet very deep, which is ironic... XD

Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:23 pm :
Thank you so much! That means a ton to me. :)