I pledge no allegience | Teen Ink

I pledge no allegience

By PeterValentine SILVER, New Rochelle, New York
PeterValentine SILVER, New Rochelle, New York

"violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" -Salvor Hardin

I spend more time thinking, learning, reading, writing and creating projects out of school than in it’s own premises . What irritates me to the point of wretched animosity is in that my lack of energy apportioned to my education is not a result of school being too stressful, nor to easy for me.

It is simply my education’s system malformed complex (or lack of complex) in core. American education features a series inapplicable teachings to most post-high school life-styles.The numerous stagnant facts of worthlessness I am succumbed to memorize are somewhat of a paradox with regard to purpose of education. -The application of knowledge for further life that is.

Is there truly no more value behind facts, laws, and static conceptual data?

Because from what I gather, the real world requires personal input of emotion, is fun-filled with dynamic occurrences, constrained with ambiguous concepts that demand meaning, and most of all, require afterthought. Stop teaching me the angles of triangles and try asking me when I’ll need to measure them.

I also made a youtube video. This was written in 10th grade of last year, regarding the poor education system of the U.S.