Homophobia

I see you looking at me,
But do you even know what you’re looking at?
Do you even see what’s in front of you?
I’m a person, a person just like you.
Yes, I may be different, but so are you.
I’m a person who loves, laughs, wonders
And always asks why?
So why do you look at me like that?
Why do you look at me like I am so different from you?
Do you love someone? Me too.
I love someone who’s just like you,
Just like me and just like everyone around us,
But a little bit different.
We’re all a little bit different. No one’s the same.
I like boys, and I’m a boy. What’s wrong with that?
I love boys, you love girls right?
What’s wrong with me?
What do you think is so wrong with
Loving someone with your whole heart?
No matter who they are, or what they are
The color of their skin or their gender.
Who says there is anything wrong with that?
I’ve never been told that love had flaws,
Not until you sat here. Looked into my eyes—
And called me a faggot.

TheLiberalLlama said...
yesterday at 9:07 pm:
This really hits home with me.  Absolutely beautiful!

raemarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:38 am :
thank you so much, i'm glad you can relate to this! i tried to put myself in someone eles's shoes while writing this and hopefully it worked :) please read more of my work i'd love to hear from you.

HAILOThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 12:03 pm:
This is beyoond beautiful.

today at 7:39 am :
thank you so much i realy appreciate your feedback. i'm so happy you like this !! :) please read more of my work i'd love to hear from you.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 11:34 am:
I really, really love this! I love the way it's written and I love all the questions that you put in here. I also like how many times you used love to really empathise your point. This is great.. thank you for sharing! More need to see this. c:

today at 7:41 am :
thank you so much! that means so much to me. i was so worried that people wouldn't like this article because it's very controversial. i'm so proud of all the possitive feedback. thank you so much for your comment! i'd love to hear from you again, :) please read more of my work and comment. i'm exceedingly happy that you love this piece!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 11:08 am:
This was so heartfelt and touching... I loved how it consisted of a lot of questions! So many people have questions and controversy over what's right and wrong when it comes to same-gender marriage. You've captured the feelings impeccably well... Great job.

today at 7:46 am :
thank you so much! that is exatly what i was trying to do while writing this. i meshed my opinon about the topic with the mindset of a boy. i'm so happy that i was successful in doing so, this is how i would feel if i were a boy in the same situation and i'm glad everyone likes it! i'd love to hear more from you please read more of my work!! :) & oh my ! i see that you've been published by teen ink! congrats! how did you do it? i've been posting for years and nothing has ... (more »)