love me, leave me

then: I would make pancakes for breakfast, and watch as you stumbled from the bedroom with your hair tousled and eyes half-closed. I would laugh as you lumbered towards me, and I would feel the warmth of your hand on my neck, and the taste of your sweet lips on mine.

now: The stove is cold. Sitting at the table, I sip burned coffee, my breakfast, the chill becoming prominent on my neck and back, even though I’m wearing a sweater. My lips taste of drugged tears.

[did no one tell you that it’s rude to keep a lady waiting?]

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 4:16 am
superawesomeamazing. The "then" and "now" structure is simply fantastic. And I love the last line, "did no one tell you that it's rude to keep a lady waiting?" wow.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm with Leigh....WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. I'm speechless. I love the transition from "then" and "now". The imagery of him and you and everything else, I could visualize it all. So sad at the end. 

LeighFreyre said...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 am
... um... wow... i am literally speechless, this is so good. this piece seriously affected me. ... wow...