Dance with Me Love | Teen Ink

Dance with Me Love

By KiiWii SILVER, Forest, Mississippi
KiiWii SILVER, Forest, Mississippi

As I listen to your rhythmic cardiac beat, I imagine our hearts dancing to the acoustic melody they compose together. Creating a pulse that runs deep into each other’s souls, isolating all of our barriers, leaving our spirits trembling in perfect harmony. As we dance, the present is a dream that never came true, but when we take into each other’s eyes, I realize that we never had a past either because I only see the future, my future, our future. A woman of proficient wisdom once told me that we all fall in love to find that missing part of ourselves, not only to just complete our life puzzle but also to stabilize that foundation of forever with the one you love. Truth be told I never was impressed by the things you wear, it was the cure of my hearts dis-ease with the confidence in your hello, the humbleness in your arms that helped me achieve serenity, and the chivalry in your eyes that complemented your smile that said, relax I will never hurt you. Now this once hollow heart of mine is no longer bitter instead it hums like an angel releasing a fresh zephyr from heaven. So dance with me, like the sun and the moon would in the reflection of the sea among the horizon. Not just considering they like the music in their atomphere but because they love one another's purpose in life, cherishing every flaw that makes each day original. Dance with me, forgetting about yesterday since the future is always a song ahead of us, and while the present is just a dream. Dance with me love... Dance with me.

This was inspired by my love for dance. How love is like a dance that can be muted but loudly heard.