Finding The Key

On a rope that's unbreakable,
practicing a religion that seems unfaithful,
playing a game I'll never win.
Abiding by rules that benefit who? That's right, not even you.

You say that patience is the key-
The key to what? An endless infinity.
If I stay here, I'm forever attached to you.
If I leave, I must find a new key.

On a strand that's a helpful band,
touching a hand that grabs ahold.
Before I was walking to I am sure nowhere
now I am running to the finish line of my new somewhere.

He says that love is all he needs-
I happen to be his and now I am complete.
I finally found it, old hopeless love;
the key to the life I once dreamed of.

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:46 am:
This is yet another great poem. I love the way thT ll of your poems have such powerful meanings and memories in them, and they all flow so beautifully.

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29 at 7:38 pm:
the poem is to the point :D love it! It flows just right and the comparison is perfect!! :D great job!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 6:25 pm:
awesome!! just one question:   have you found ur key?? lol grt job like always!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 8 at 7:08 pm :
Haha, no, not yet. :c I am though, one day! Have you? Ohhh! And hey, the story you wanted of mine to be posted is finally pending, along with two new poems.. so, they will be up eventually!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 9 at 4:00 pm :
Nooooooooooo I have not "found my key" lol also I have to pieces tht are pending so ill tell you when they r up!

Apr. 9 at 6:16 pm :
You will! Hey, a new poem and story is up! c: And okay!

tuckertwin12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 5 at 11:09 pm:
Beautiful! A perfect comparison!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 2:09 pm:
I love the beginning because of the use of paradox. And the ending is simply the ending we all want in life.  The happy ending to life. 

7_AmbitionsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 10:58 am:
Honestly I Love This Poem and I Quickly Got The Point Its Amazing I Wouldnt Change Anything

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 3:54 pm:
Constructively, I would change the last line of the second stanza. Other than that, I like it! The last two lines end of a bang. :)

Apr. 2 at 6:06 pm :
Thanks so much!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1 at 7:31 pm:
  I really liked the first stanza of this. Overall, you may benefit from going over the poem once more and fixing a few small things. For example, I would change the last line of the second stanza to something that does not include the word “key”—just for variety’s sake. But that is only a personal opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. :)

iAmandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 3:39 pm:
I like how you connect the idea with a key

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 1 at 6:59 pm :
I like this, even though it could be cleaned up a little :) I like the metaphor, too. Good job! 

writergirl36This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31 at 10:30 am:
I love the way you wrote this poem. It really made me think about patience and love. Keep writing!!!