I Remember... | Teen Ink

I Remember...

March 15, 2013
By Aciey2014 SILVER, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Aciey2014 SILVER, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love Life"


I Remember
Oh, yeah. I remember!
It was something about school...
It was something about achieving your goals...
It was something about living your life...
Wait...no, it wasn’t.
Yeah, I remember what you said. Yeah, I remember what you did. It wasn’t even close to what I thought.
Yeah, I remember that day...when I never gave you any thought other than, “Oh, he’s cute.”
Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember it like it was last week. I remember it like it was 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was, but I’m not saying.
Yeah, I remember smiling when I saw you. Getting nervous and whatnot.
Yeah, I remember that day. I know you remember that day. I was with my friend drinking ICEE’s.
I bet you thought I was talking about you. I bet you thought I was talking about him, too. Well, I wasn’t, and I’m not.
Yeah, I remember when you popped up unexpectedly and made me do a double take. I also remember that you know me but don’t know my name.
Yeah, I know, everybody knows your name. So that’s how come I know it too.
Yeah, I remember that I’m too shy to formally introduce myself so I get my friends to do it for me.
Yeah, I remember that by the time May comes, you’ll be gone and I’ll probably never see you again.
Oh, yeah...I also remember that I’m taking this waayyy too calmly.
So, yeah...I remember.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem on February 9th, 2012, while I was at a poetry workshop. It's about the times when my senior crush and I had encounters. It's very touching.