Thoughts from an Agnostic | Teen Ink

Thoughts from an Agnostic

By Always-Abby SILVER, Flanders, New Jersey
Always-Abby SILVER, Flanders, New Jersey

“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.” - Lemony Snicket

I wonder if
people who believe in God
and follow his
or her
or whatever's
rules
ever stopped and realized
that their troubles
and hard times
may be brought upon by the fact
that their God
hasn't answered them
and instead they wait and
wait and
wait
instead of solving their stupid problems
on their own
and got their hands dirty
instead of
keeping them pressed together.
maybe it wouldn't hurt them
to follow the lifestyle
of all the little atheists
who don't have the burden
of heaven
or hell
on their untroubled
happy
shoulders.

on Mar. 30 2013 at 3:13 am
Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

Don't you just hate it when people go: "Repent and turn to God or be damned and go to hell!" ? I hate that. I prefer intellectual reasonin with intellectual people. 

on Mar. 27 2013 at 7:51 am

I really, truly appreciate you leaving this comment. It's truly thought provoking and, despite me not being very religious, made me appreciate religion a little more. 

Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

Christianity; It's not people waiting around for God to solve their problems, it's people telling God their problems, relying on him and fixing them under his guidance. Another thing-what is freedom? Is it limitless, without rules, without morality, with no restrictions or boundaries? That is not freedom. That is chaos. In that kind of chaos everyone would do whatever they wanted to. And no one would be truly free. God sets us free by giving us "rules" that basically embody these things: 1. Love God, 2. Love Others As Yourself and 3. Love Yourself. The official "rules" are clarifications of these three things. Sadly, there are so many opposing opinions on this, even within Christianity.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

That's beyond amazing it makes you want to rethink everything you thought would happen and do something.